You know me, not even my Christmas tree is immune from typography influences.
You will need:
- scrabble tiles
- power drill with fine bit
- metal skewer
1. Make a small pilot hole with the metal skewer in the top of each tile to prevent the bit slipping.
2. Drill through the height of each tile. Edit: Please please don’t be stupid like me and drill it between your hands! You should use a vice so you don’t end up in casualty just before Christmas like reader Jasmine’s fella.
3. Using the needle, pass the thread through all three tiles starting from the bottom. When you get to the top, thread it back through, leaving a loop at the top.
4. Tie off the thread after the last letter (you’ll have to do it a few times to make sure the knot is bigger than the hole).
I think this ‘Joy’ ornament would be great in a set with ‘Peace’ and ‘Hope’. What would you spell out?