There are so many amazing free printable Christmas labels out there that I had to split it up into two parts. Enjoy!
I had bought jewellery and headbands for my bridesmaids and wanted a nice way to present their gifts the night before the wedding. I decided to make some jewellery boxes so that the wrapping was actually part of the gift. Remember how I lined the invitation envelopes with vintage book pages? Well I had some left over and thought I’d incorporate that to carry through the theme.
You will need:
- Wooden jewellery box (available from craft stores)
- Adhesive-backed felt
- Old book pages
- Acrylic paint
- Mod podge
- Small screwdriver
- Glue stick
1. Take a photo of your friend’s profile. Make it into a silhouette and print in the mirror image to how you want the final product.
2. Glue the silhouette onto the back of the book page.
3&4. Cut out the silhouette.
5. Unscrew the hinges of the box.
6. Paint the box and allow to dry. Attach the cameo to the box lid with Mod Podge and cover with as many coats as desired (more coats will produce a glossier effect).
7. Measure the dimensions of the inside of the box.
8. Cut felt to size.
9. Stick felt to the inside bottom of the box.
10. Continue until all sides are lined.
11. If the hinge holes have been filled with paint or varnish, use a skewer or toothpick to unblock.
12. Replace the hinges.
And there they are! Three pretty boxes for my three pretty ladies.